ISO 9004:2009 Continual Improvement Program
ISO 9004:2009 provides guidance to organizations to support the achievement of sustained success by a quality management approach. It is applicable to any organization, regardless of size, type and activity.
ISO 9004:2009 is not intended for certification, regulatory or contractual use. ISO 9004 is intended to go beyond ISO 9001 and examine satisfaction for interested parties.
What is sustained success?
The sustained success of an organization is the result of its ability to achieve and maintain its objectives in the long-term. The achievement of sustained success for any organization is a complex and demanding challenge in an ever-changing environment.
How can sustained success be achieved?
- By meeting the needs and expectations of your customers
- By the effective management of your organization
- Through awareness of your organization's environment
- By learning and improving.
ISO 9004:2009 In Brief?
- Will provide your organization with guidance and support to achieve sustained success by a quality management approach.
- Promotes self-assessment as an important tool for the review of the maturity level of your organization. It covers leadership, strategy, management system, resources and processes, to identify areas of strength and weakness and opportunities for improvements and innovations.
- Provides a wider focus on quality management than ISO 9001. It addresses the needs and expectations of all relevant interested parties. ISO 9004 also provides guidance for the systematic and continual improvement of your organization's overall performance.
- Can be used alongside ISO 9001 and other management system standards, but can also be used independently.
- Is not intended for certification, regulatory or contractual use.